Share Your Shelf with Katy Rose Pool
- Candles: I love to light a candle when I get to writing. It really puts me in the right zone. I don’t love scents that are too sweet, so I go more for earthy & citrusy scents.
- Muji Notebooks: I need a notebook to jot down ideas and plan out my writing schedule, and these are my favorite. They’re super super plain which is great because get too intimidated by pretty notebooks to scribble inside them!
- Muji Pens: I also love these muji brand pens which come in all kinds of colors, perfect for color-coding!
- Hamilton mug: I bought this when Hamilton came to San Francisco, and every time I drink coffee out of it I feel like it makes me write like I’m running out of time.
- Commit30 planner: I recently switched from all digital calendar to this physical planner. I like it because it lets me set goals and write notes, and it encourages me to find one thing each month that I want to commit to.
"I love to light a candle when I get to writing. It really puts me in the right zone. I don’t love scents that are too sweet, so I go more for earthy & citrusy scents." - Katy Rose Pool @KatyPool #bookishcandle #bookishessentials #yaauthor
- Rosé: this is my favorite thing to drink during an afternoon of writing! Crisp and cool, it’s the perfect thing to get me relaxed and ready to create worlds.
- Kepler’s Books & Magazines tote: This comes frm my local bookstore, Kepler’s, and is the PERFECT size for toting around books.
- Snacks: I live right by a Trader Joe’s so all my writing fuel comes from them. I am particularly obsessed with the strawberry licorice when I’m chewing on tough plot problems, and the ginger lemon seltzer to keep me hydrated!
- Storyteller sweatshirt: My favorite podcast 88 Cups of Tea started selling these cute and cozy sweatshirts earlier this year and I just love them! The perfect comfy apparel to curl up and get some writing done in.
- Forest App: technically not an item, but I started using this app to keep me off my phone when I’m supposed to be writing and I love it! You can set it for any amount of time and if you don’t touch your phone it grows a tree. It’s great motivation.
"Muji Notebooks: I need a notebook to jot down ideas and plan out my writing schedule, and these are my favorite." - Katy Rose Pool @KatyPool #mujinotebooks #yaauthor #bookishessentials
Do you a favorite mug as well, big or small?Let us know in the comments!
This article was originally printed in the Fall 2019 issue of Curiositales. If you would like to receive a free digital copy of the magazine, sign up for our newsletter at the top of this page! Then, confirm your email address (be sure to check your spam folder). Once you click the link in your welcome email, you'll get regular news from Curiositales, including notifications when the latest magazine is published. You can unsubscribe whenever you like. Or, you can read it for free here.
Prefer physical copies? Us too! Subscribe to the magazine and receive a print magazine in the mail every quarter along with a whole bunch of bookish surprises!